This course will teach:
How to write concise, scannable content using plain English.
Your site visitors don’t read webpages – they scan them. They won’t read a lengthy block of copy, however beautifully worded. You need to get your message across in split seconds.
We teach you thoroughly-researched, best practice writing for web techniques. You’ll gain editorial skills to make your content easy to absorb.
1.5 hour session:
1. Presentation on web content writing best practice – 30 minutes
2. Interactive plain English exercise – 15 minutes
3. Writing for web examples, a group exercise – 15 minutes
4. Individual writing for web exercise using skills you’ve learnt – 15 minutes
5. Review of exercise – 10 minutes
6. Questions and further tips – 5 minutes
You’ll take home:
- copy of the presentation slides
- 20 writing for web tip cards, to keep on your desk while working
- plain English glossary
- example writing exercise answer
£150 per attendee.
Groups of 4 or more receive a 10% discount. Maximum group size of 8.
Contact us to book a training session.