In-person course not available while coronavirus restrictions in place.
This course will teach you how to write concise, scannable content using plain English.
Why we write differently for web
Your site visitors don’t read webpages – they scan them. They won’t read a lengthy block of copy, however beautifully worded. You need to get your message across in split seconds.
We will teach you thoroughly-researched, best practice writing for web techniques. You’ll gain editorial skills to make your content easy to absorb.
1.5 hour session:
1. Presentation on web content writing best practice – 30 minutes
2. Interactive plain English exercise – 15 minutes
3. Writing for web examples, a group exercise – 15 minutes
4. Individual writing for web exercise using skills you’ve learnt – 15 minutes
5. Review of exercise – 10 minutes
6. Questions and further tips – 5 minutes
You’ll take home:
- copy of the presentation slides
- 20 writing for web tip cards, to keep on your desk while working
- plain English glossary
- example writing exercise answer
£150 per attendee.
Groups of 4 or more receive a 10% discount. Maximum group size of 8.
Contact us to book a training session.