In development. Short, practical, online lessons in user-centred design and content design – at tiny prices, generally £4 each. Beginner level and up. Do any time: fit to your schedule. Affordable, snackable. For everyone.
Lessons are created by Lizzie Bruce, who combines a post-graduate teaching qualification with 17 years of professional experience in user-centred content.
Expect the following batches of lessons!
1. User-centred design
- What is user-centred design?
- Glossary of major user-centred design terms.
- Content usability basics.
- Service transformation.
2. Agile working
- Agile phases: how content fits in each.
- Why multi-disciplinary teams rock.
- Show and tells, product team retros.
- Team working: defining your shared vocabulary.
- Agile terms translator.
3. User research and user needs
- User journey mapping.
- Inclusive, ethical user research: an introduction. FREE
- 25 user research techniques (3-part lesson). FREE
- Research analysis.
- User needs and acceptance criteria.
- Card-sorting for naming and labelling.
- Language research.
- Rapid prototyping.
- What is iterative design?
4. Information design
- Writing for web: an introduction.
- Content design: an introduction.
- Service design: an introduction.
- UX design, UX writing, interaction design, tech writing: overviews.
- Task-based content.
- Using source materials and identifying gaps.
- Pairwriting with stakeholders.
- Page structuring and sketching.
- Content crits and peer reviews.
- Wire framing and design flows.
- Navigation and information architecture.
- Basic coding for content designers.
- Content patterns and consistency.
5. Inclusive, accessible content
- Clear language basics.
- What is readability? FREE
- Content accessibility: an introduction.
- Content inclusivity: an introduction.
- Accessible fonts.
- Learn about WCAG (World Content Accessibility Guidelines).
- Design ethics.
- Design out bias. FREE
6. SEO and findability
- Content findability.
- How content design helps SEO (search engine optimisation).
7. Content curation
- Content ownership identification.
- Workflow and publishing flow.
- Content analytics and ROI (return on investment).
- Content maintenance.
- Content migration.
- Future content development.
Is anything missing? Let us know any other topics you would like bitesize lessons for, to start your learning journey or to top up your user-centred design and content knowledge.